Expansion of the Laird Center for Medical Research
Leave A Legacy. Honor A Legend.
Cooperation, integration and science to benefit the public good suit the legacy of the Honorable Melvin R. Laird. Making a contribution to the expansion of the Laird Center for Medical Research is an opportunity for you to help honor Laird's accomplishments in the areas of health care, medical research and education. It's also an opportunity to leave a legacy of your own for your family and future generations.
Why your help is important
Conducting medical research that directly benefits patients has been the goal for the Laird Center for Medical Research since the building's dedication in September 1997. The expansion of the complex is a physical expression of the collaborative efforts by researchers and clinicians to bring research results to patient care. Clinical and research laboratories share many resources, creating both operational efficiencies and an environment for the development of new ideas among multiple scientific disciplines
In fulfilling a vision of cooperation and integration of clinical care, research and education, the expansion of the Laird Center for Medical Research creates an ideal setting, enhancing Marshfield Clinic's ability to:
- Discover and share scientific knowledge that substantially improves human health and well-being
- Provide local and regional access to laboratory services, promoting high standards of patient care and medical practice
- Advance academic medicine through the development and delivery of education leading to best practice, health care workforce training and development, and state-of-the-art conferencing
- Achieve greater integration of medical research and clinical practice
- Improve patient care and protect public health
- Honor Melvin R. Laird's accomplishments in health care, medical research and education
How you can contribute
We have built a solid foundation of applying medical research to better health care. We ask for your generosity, and that of others like you who believe in the importance of medical research and education, to help us build and sustain it.
Your contribution is tax deductible. Marshfield Clinic is recognized as a 501(c)(3) organization. To discuss making a gift, please contact Marshfield Clinic’s Development Department at 1-800-858-5220 or make a gift online.